Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School, Family, and Enjoyment: About Me

I heard that PhD stands for piled high in debt long before I got into a PhD program. Maybe that means I am a monetary masochist. Currently I am in the Instructional Psychology and Technology PhD program at BYU (and yes I have been asked what that major is a lot of times). I work with all the things behind the scenes in education--the designing, evaluating, researching, technology, and everything else that doesn't have to do with teaching.
Even more important than my PhD, I have a wonderful family. My wife is about to finish off a bachelors in Humanities with an English emphasis, and I have three wonderful daughters. We work hard to raise them well. The other night we were doing a Family Night and my wife was teaching our children about good things we should do. She had a solid list going and my five year old added to the end "and eat chicken." Keep the commandments or eat chicken. At least we've gotten across the importance of a health diet even if it's against the desires of the palate.
Other than that I am trying to get some exercise from basketball once a week and would like to get into handball (yes, the game we played in middle school). Writing gets more and more interesting as well. I'm learning to enjoy life more and more, and I'm sure this blog will be part of that learning.
As the Argentines say, stay under the shade!
Michael

No comments: