Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What Should I Gain from a Class

To clue everyone in, I have started this blog for a class on web analytics. And why take a class on web analytics, well I like design and there seems to be a lot of power in web analytics. We don't have to take as many random guesses.
So what do I want to get from the class? I want to understand web analytics better.
But at the same time I want to find more meaning in understanding web analytics better. I know that power and tools by themselves are not connected to morality, but the way we use them is. I want to know ways that I can use the power of reaching people through media in a positive way. I hope that is as far from the traditional model of getting a grade as possible. I just hope that I work hard enough to fulfull my desires. And that hope should take me a long way.
Michael

1 comment:

dr. clint said...

Michael, I'm glad you'll be looking at web analytics from a design angle. You are right in that there is a lot of power there, but most of the current use is simply for marketing. So you can definitely make a good contribution there.